Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
1. Select your topic, something what you are interested in.
2. Think and write down the keywords associated with your topic. More words you find is better.
3. Check the library resources: catalog, databases and databases tutorials to refresh your search strategies.
Databases for your research
Characteristics of peer reviewed/scholarly journals
- Articles report research done in the specific discipline
- Author is an expert or specialist in the discipline. Crudentials are always provided.
- Articles are directed to scholars in the same discipline
- Reviewed by scholars specializing in this discipline
- Articles have extensive bibliographies
- Articles have to follow specific publication structure (abstract, keywords, research background and literature review, methodology, research results, conclusion, references)
Here you will find help with APA formating
Tips for Finding Quality Websites
* Limit your web search to US government or US college and university websites using Google Advanced Search (limit to domain .gov or .edu).
* Use the CRAAPP Test to determine the reliability of websites you find: